Dear SCAPPS Members,
This email will serve as the formal written notice for our Annual General Meeting, to be held on October 16 at the Westin Hotel in Edmonton between 12noon and 1:30pm. The slate of nominees for the elections is available below, as well as a reminder of notice for changes in the membership fees and preliminary information regarding the report of the Franklin Henry Young Scientist Award review committee.
1) Nominations to SCAPPS Executive Committee: The following individuals have been nominated for the open positions on the Executive committee. Nominations of other interested individuals “from the floor” of the AGM will be accepted. Short bios of each individual will be distributed prior to the AGM.
- Krista Chandler (University of Windsor)
- Chris Shields (Acadia University)
- Tony Carlsen (University of Ottawa)
- April Karlinsky (University of British Columbia)
2) Membership Fees: Last year the Financial planning committee submitted a report outlining several recommendations, one of which was to implement a modest increase to SCAPPS membership fees: the new fees would be $25 for Trainees and $65 for Professionals. The rationale behind these increases can be found in the committee report which is posted on the SCAPPS website (http://www.scapps.org/documents/). These increases have been reviewed and duly supported by the Executive Committee. As well, an announcement of motion for these increases was made at the AGM last year. In order for the membership fees increases to be effective, this motion will be formally brought forward to the membership for a vote at the 2015 AGM in Edmonton.
3) Franklin Henry Young Scientist Award committee report: The FHYSA committee completed its work and submitted a report to the SCAPPS Executive. The SCAPPS Executive has accepted the report and discussed three recommendations. A brief synopsis of the report and the recommendations will be presented at the AGM for discussion. The full report can be found on the SCAPPS website (http://www.scapps.org/documents/).
We look forward to seeing you in Edmonton,
Your Executive Committee (Tony Carlsen, Erin Cressman, Steve Hansen, Kacey Neely, Luc Tremblay, Tim Welsh and Philip Wilson)